Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP server on cisco 2600

I´m trying to use a Cisco 2621 router as a DHCP server, but I´ve two problems.

First : I need to set a short lease time ( about 10 seconds ), but the minimo it allows is a minute. I´ve tried with the dhcp client ( in linux ) to ask for a minor lease time but it doesn´t work. Does the server always fix its lease time?

How can I renew this IP address if I change of network?

Second : Can I assign an constant IP address to a specific host?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DHCP server on cisco 2600

In your DHCP pool do the following for static mapping of IP's

You must create a pool for each static mapping, there is no limit as to how many you can have.

Router(config)# ip dhcp pool

Router(config-dhcp)#

Router(config-dhcp)# type

As far as making the DHCP lease 10 seconds, I am unsure. I would be interested as to why the lease needs to be this short?

Hello Andrew ,

thank you for answering me. I beg your perdon for not replaying you before but I was on holidays.

The reason I need to set a very short time for the DHCP server is that I´m making tests with MobileIP ¿ do you know it ?, and I´m changing from one network to another one continuously, so I need the laptop realizes it has changed the network quickly.

Thanks a lot for your help

Pablo

Blue

Sorry submitted it withouot finishing, here is the correct reply:

You must create a pool for each static mapping, there is no limit as to how many you can have.

Router(config)# ip dhcp pool

Router(config-dhcp)# host

Router(config-dhcp)#

For example

ip dhcp pool test

host 172.16.2.254

hardware-address 02c7.f800.0422 ieee802

As far as making the DHCP lease 10 seconds, I am unsure. I would be interested as to why the lease needs to be this short?

Blue

Just realized that if you place words in between the karot characters, the words will disapear.

Sorry submitted it withouot finishing, here is the correct reply:

Router(config)# ip dhcp pool (name)

Router(config-dhcp)# host (ip address)

Router(config-dhcp)# (hardware-address)

For example

ip dhcp pool test

host 172.16.2.254

hardware-address 02c7.f800.0422 ieee802

Views
Helpful
Replies