We have a Cisco 3800 Serial port connected to TA for ISDN connectivity. The other end is a Cisco 3600 Router with PRI line.
We are using PPP on both the router and authentication is PPP Chap.
Here is the problem :-
1) There is no problem dialing to remote site, the remote site ( cisco 3600 with PRI ) accepts the call and authentication works fine.
2) We can able to check sh isdn status, sh dialer, sh isdn his at Cisco 3600 router, all command results confirm "Layer 3 call is active.
3) At the Cisco 3800 router the Dialer Interface assigined with ip address 10.10.1.2/24 where as remote end assigned with 10.10.1.1/24. From the Cisco 3800 we can able to ping 10.10.1.2 which is its own dialer interface. It's given 70/73/72 ms latency. However we can't able ping to the other end of the Cisco 3600 Dialer interface.
4) We have tried to ping Cisco 3600 own dialer interface, which is failed.
5) When we bring down ISDN connectivity we could not able to ping Cisco 3800 own dialer interface.
Here is the problem in a nutshell :-
ISDN Layer1,Layer2 & Layer3 working fine but the IP packet not traversing across the ISDN.
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...