Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dial Up connections being dropped

Hi, All.

I have a 2620 that has a card with (4) ports for analog dial-in connections. Recently I have been getting quite a few complaints from remote access users stating that connections are getting dropped frequently, no matter which of the ports they are dialed into. Are there any debug commands or 3rd parts utilities I can use to monitor these client connections to assist in finding a cause for the dropped connections? Here is a copy of the config for the async interfaces. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

-Tony

interface Group-Async1

bandwidth 57600

ip unnumbered Loopback0

no ip directed-broadcast

dialer in-band

dialer idle-timeout 600

dialer rotary-group 1

async mode interactive

fair-queue 64 16 0

group-range 33 40

!

interface Dialer1

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation ppp

dialer in-band

dialer-group 1

peer default ip address pool dialup

ppp authentication chap

!

ip local pool dialup 10.64.71.36 10.64.71.44

3 REPLIES

Re: Dial Up connections being dropped

I would start by deleting 'dialer idle-timeout 600' or increasing the value. It is easy to spend more than 10 minutes reading and responding to an e-mail or something.

If you know that timeouts are not your problem, I think you can 'debug dialer events.' That, or a similar debug command, might tell you why the call is dropped (or at least tell you that it is not the router that is doing the dropping).

Tony,

Remove the dialer idle-timeout from the Group-Async configuration. This seems to be a bug although the bug navigator does not list it. I had the same problem on a 3640 running 12.1(7). I have no work-around for implementing idle-timeout on an analogue call.

According to your note,it looks like that modem speed is not locked at the specified speed.You may have to edit the modemcap on the router to do this.

Views
Helpful
Replies