Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dial-up Remote Access Hardware

I am wanting to know what the best/economical option is for a small scale remote access solution that will utilize 2 bri's. I currently have a 3640 that has one module free and another module that just has 1 t1 wic card in it. If I could utilize this router I would, otherwise if there is not enough room I would consider purchasing another router.

Thanks,

Jeff

3 REPLIES

Re: Dial-up Remote Access Hardware

You can buy 2 WIC-1B. You have room for 1 wic card, but for the second you need to have a network module, for example NM-2W or NM-1FE2W.

I think the best/economical solution for you is to buy a NM-4B. It's almost the price of the 2 WIC-1B and you have 2 extra ISDN BRI.

Cheers

Bronze

To add more to it, if the remote access users will be dialing in with analog modem, then you would also need a MICA modem card to support modem dialin over BRI.

~Zulfi

Its my understanding that end users with analog modems can dial into my isdn local loop attached to digital modems. Thats what ISPs do only with a pri or T1.

Let me know if you think there is a flaw in this idea that I am not seeing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content