Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dialer map statements on the Dialer interface

Hi

Is there any limitation on number of dialer map statements which can be configured on a cisco router ? To be more clear will there be a problem if I use 1000 dialer map statements on my ISDN router. Will there be any kind of problem ? Did any one faced before ?

thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Dialer map statements on the Dialer interface

There shouldn't be any problem with that many dialer-map statements as long as the nvram can hold the config.

But configuring that huge number of dialer-maps on a router is not a good network design. You might need to think some other way to achive the same.

Re: Dialer map statements on the Dialer interface

I am trying to upgrade my existing 7204VXR to handle more E1 ISDN PRI circuits, its new config will be like this Cisco 7204VXR/NPE-400/DRAM-256Mb/PA - 8 port E1 card/ 2 FE. IT will do pure IP routing, there will be OSPF & RIP running on router. Approx 1500 dynamic remote sites will dial in randomly and will try to use 240 ISDN channels available on router. Router will have dialer interfaces and will have loads of username/ password config lines and dialer map statements. Will htis cause any problem from scalability point of view ?

Also if the config becomes to big to fit in NVRAM after compressing also, is it possble to upgrade the NVRAM itself ?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies