cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialer Persistent command

benjamingarcia
Level 1
Level 1

I want to try using the dialer persistent command and before I try it I want to find outif I still need the Dialer Group & Dialer list command.

IF someone there already tried this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben Garcia

3 Replies 3

rokibbe
Level 1
Level 1

The new feature guide for Dialer Persistent at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t4/ftdperst.htm shows sample configs both with and without a dialer-list/dialer group construction. In the step-by-step section, it demonstrates adding them to the config, but describes the dialer-list as being "...interesting packets that CAN trigger a call...." Further down, in the command reference section, it states that "...to force a dialer interface to be connected at all times...use the dialer persistent command...."

Given that they have samples of both, I'd say no, you don't need the dialer-list/dialer group construction. I'd also suggest dropping a line to bug-doc@cisco.com and letting them know of the ambiguity. That's what they're there for.

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

My feature :)

You shouldn't need dialer-group/dialer-list stuff in there...it should just come up automagically. If it doesn't send "sh run | i dialerX" and debug dialer after a "shut/no shut".

Josh

benjamingarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks to all who replied.