Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dialer Watch (tring-tring)

Let's see who's going to solve this one!

I'm using Dialer Watch on a network, i.e. the routing table is monitored for pre-defined routes. If the pre-defined route becomes unavailable (eg. a link fails), the routing protocol will detect this, remove the route from the routing table and the Dialer Watch will dial to the location that became unavailable.

This is configured on a 3640 with IOS 12.2(5) and external modems.

Initially when a pre-defined route becomes unavailable, the router dials and everything is ok. But then it seems as if the Dialer Watch becomes unstable. With "debug dialer" I can see the Dialer Watch trials to dial to remote locations, but the primary route is up and available in the routing table. Why Dialer Watch got triggered in the first place I don't know because the primary link is up.

Any suggestions on this one?

3 REPLIES

Re: Dialer Watch (tring-tring)

How often is this happening. I believe that it is normal for dialer-watch to call the remote sites every so often. I also believe it is somewhat configurable. I'll look through some of my notes. Haven't used it in a long time...

Hmm. That may have been snapshot routing...

I would take a close look at what is going on with your routing protocol. It may be that re-convergence is causing dialing. By the time you get around to looking at the routing table, maybe convergence is complete and all the routes are back in the table. Admitedly not a very insightful response, but I wanted to offer something after my snapshot routing confusion.

Views
Helpful
Replies