cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

dialer watch usage

hi

Imagine this scenario: I have one router with one primary serial interface, one backup ISDN BRI interface configured with the "dialer watch" command monitoring a certain ip-address, and dynamic routing. If I restart the router with the primary interface disconnected or not functioning, (hence no ip-routes on the routing table), will my router set the ISDN call? Suppose I have no static routes configured.

Thanks

Marco

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: dialer watch usage

You should have "dialer watch-list" entries configured to detect if the primary is down. If there are no available routes to the addresses you defined in these entries, then the primary is determined down.

If the primary is down, dialer watch is notified and the secondary is brought up. The secondary is lifted via the dialer map commands in the config with the relevant connection details.

D.

Community Member

Re: dialer watch usage

ok, it's clear.

Suppose now that everything is well configured and dialer watch is working properly. I restart the router by power on with the primary interface disconnected. Will the router place the call as soon as it is operative?

Marco

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content