Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dialing ISDN on 3745 router with NM-8B-S/T and Multiple ISDN lines

Dear All,

We have a Cisco 3745 router with 8B-S/T card as backup for lease line.

We want to check the ISDN line can we configure the router in such a way that on BRI port dials another BRI port on different ISDN number on the same router.

Problem is we don’t have the ISDN line commissioned at remote location and we want to check the ISDN lines commissioned at central location.

Regards

Deepak

2 REPLIES

Re: Dialing ISDN on 3745 router with NM-8B-S/T and Multiple ISDN

I would think this should be possible, though i havent tried it myself. You will need to have either an ISDN simulator or two isdn circuits at the central location, one for each port. The call from one port will go out to the provider and then come back through the other port.

Silver

Re: Dialing ISDN on 3745 router with NM-8B-S/T and Multiple ISDN

Yes, this is possible I have done this , you can have spid 1 call spid 2 or you can have one bri call another bri , this is a good way to determine if you have a problem on the local loop or if the problem is with the ISDN cloud.

One issue you will run it to is witch chap , the line will drop because you will fail auth if using chap , for testing purposes you can remove it , you should see the call conenct and the line stay active .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content