cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing out using the AS5300

chcastaldo
Level 1
Level 1

In my shop, the AS5300 is used both for dial-in and for dial-out. Various people here in I.T. have the Cisco-provided free software which they use on their workstations, via our intranet, to dial out using the AS5300's async modems as a kind of modem-pool. I have a question regarding this dialing-out which may or may not be a Cisco issue (that is, it may be a PRI-provider issue).

Whenever a dial-out call is directed to a device which has the "caller-ID" feature, the calling number recorded is never one of the numbers used for our PRI; instead it is always what appears to be a residential number with an 802 area code.

We have been unable to determine why this happens; can anyone shed any light on this or must I turn to the carrier who provides us with our PRI circuits for an answer? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The callerID displayed on the receiving side is controlled by Telco company..So you need to talk to telco/pri provider about the callrid that you need. You can try to configure the callerID you want in the 5300 as well but that can be over written by your pri provider when the call goes out.

You can use following command under the d-channel (interface serial x:23) to specify the callerid you want for outgoing calls from AS5300

isdn calling-number xxxxx

where xxxx is the caller id number you need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: