Views
Helpful
Replies

dialup connection gets out after 20 secs

gauravm
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we are having a problem with Dialup as the ISDN when fired gets conncted for 20 secs only and then disconnects.

have checked for the configuration .

Also, is it mandatory in sh isdn status command to show ACTIVE (for the link to be O.K)as our few BRI's show DEACTIVATED but still gets connected .

would appreciate if anyone can help ....

13 Replies 13

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

First step in troubleshooting:

Run a " debug ppp neg ".

This checks for any password/option negotiation issues.

Regards,

Leo

hi ,

the messages it gives on enabling debug ppp nego are :

ROUTER#

LCP: TIMEout: State REQsent

LCP: O CONFREQ [REQsent] id 89 len 32

LCP: AuthProto CHAP (0x0305C22305)

LCP: MagicNumber 0xBA6BA8B9 (0x0506BA6BA8B9)

LCP: MRRU 1524 (0x110405F4)

LCP: EndpointDisc 1 ROUTER (0x130D014350504

4D554D424149)

ROUTER#

LCP: O CONFREQ [REQsent] id 90 len 32

LCP: AuthProto CHAP (0x0305C22305)

LCP: MagicNumber 0xBA6BA8B9 (0x0506BA6BA8B9)

LCP: MRRU 1524 (0x110405F4)

LCP: EndpointDisc 1 ROUTER (0x130D014350504

4D554D424149)

and diconnects after 20 secs.????

kindly help.

anantmc
Level 1
Level 1

enable caller-id screening on the ISDN lines at both ends . This has to be done by the Telco and no configuration on the Router is needed . Be sure to use ppp authentication chap . It should work .

Thanks buddy.But this was working earlier correctly and in that case do u think it is Telcos error.

and this is happening at most of our locations leading to major problems.

Since this was previously working it is most likely a Telco issue, but you will need to make sure.

On both the calling and called router enable the following debugs.

debug isdn q931

debug ppp neg

From the debug you posted it looked like there was no PPP negotiation taking place.

Daniel

I was faced with a similar problem in the past and it was solved using the method I told u . In the prsent case , if u have both the channels fired , one from end A to B and other from B to A , the calls wont be dropped.

horst.wagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is this penomenum calling from each side or only while calling from A -> B and from B -> A is o.k.?

do a deb isdn q931 on both sides.

If they show a "disconnected remotely" on both sides there is another ISDN-equippement on the called side which erroneously answers the call and than disconnects it.

If not the debug shows what side is sending "Tx-> disconnect". If you know which one is hangig up you´ve better chances to solve.

What is the reason for disconnecting, f.e. a reject may be caused by wrong "isdn caller ###" or a "normal call clearing" tells you that probably the problem is not caused from isdn but perhaps from ppp.

Then do a "debug ppp authentication" or if that doesn´t show a reason "debug ppp negotiation" and so on ..

good luck

Horst

hi,

the problem is there while calling form A->b and alsp other way round.

i have done debugs and the finaly it tells is normal call clearing error with

i have checked it after ppp encapsulation and speed mismatch but with no results .

moreover the area of concern is that at most of the Locations the same is happenening ??

help is needed.

If both sides are seeing the LCP TIMEout State REQsent than neither side is seeing each other's LCP messages, but it would be good to see a full debug to see if it starts doing that initially or if some negotiation takes place and then it starts choking.

Are you still having the show isdn status as DEACTIVATED ? If thats the status but the BRI still works I wouldn't worry about it because more than likely its just a cosmetic problem. It will only cause you grief when your ISDN line really isn't working.

Try putting "no fair-que" on both BRI interfaces and try making the call again.

On router A and B how is the configuration currently set up ? Can you post the BRI configuration along with the Dialer profiles if any are being used ? Debugs would also be nice "isdn q931" and "ppp neg"

Daniel

hi i have tried putting no fair-que with no results , below is the configuration and debug output of the problem .

calling side:

interface Dialer30

bandwidth 64

ip address x.x.x.x

encapsulation ppp

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 9

dialer remote-name ZO

dialer idle-timeout 15000

dialer string 026579349

dialer-group 1

no fair-queue

ppp authentication chap

called side:

interface Dialer12

ip address x.x.x.x

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer remote-name CPPD

dialer idle-timeout 21345

dialer-group 1

no fair-queue

ppp authentication chap

thanks

Hi,

it looks like the receiving routers ppp-process is not starting. Maybe ppp is not configured on the ISDN-Interface or it is just a straneg IOS-Behavior of some Versions I remember.

Try "isdn sending-complete" on the calling routers ISDN- Interface.

good luck

Horst

hi,

i have checked for "isdn sending-complete "with no results.also, the encapsulation ppp and ppp authentication chap is configured as i have send the dialer configuration.

The version i have is 12.2(21).

help is required.

can you post your entire configs