Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialup to Cisco 3661 and ACE Next TokenCode

dhcchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I got a Cisco 3661 as a RAS, a Cisco ACS and a ACE server. Every user get a Secure ID as an authentication way. The Cisco 3661 has been configured with TACACS+ authenticatoin method with ACS server. There is a Radius Token server configured in ACS for commication between ACS and ACE. As the user has typed password incorrectly for five times, Next TokenCode On has been automatically turned on user. If user type in the password correctly, the user cannot get a notification to type in the ACE PASSCODE again after another cycle. May I ask that is there anyway to notify user for Next TokenCode On state?

many thanks

David

1 Reply 1

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

When the users use their token to enter a PPP password, there is no indication. When they are setting up a telnet connection, they do get messages like PASSCODE: or Next CODE:

I know the issue as we are using ACS / ACE as well. Our server communicate through TACACS+. I have not found a solution other than disabling and re-enabling the tokens as a fast way to re-enable the Token Card.

With PPP dial in, there is no connection yet, hence it will be impossible to notify the user of anything. He has to do it correct within 5 attempts.

Regards,

Leo