cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

diferentation multilink bundle

fsamper
Level 1
Level 1

i have a lots of remote routers dial in AS5300. i use multilink and the username and the password authetication is the same for all. How can i diferentiate every bundle multilink? . i have attempted the command: multilink bundle-name but it don't work.

the problem is that all of calls are tied in the same multilink bundle in the AS5300 .

help me !!!!

8 Replies 8

tomanderin
Level 1
Level 1

A Cisco router running IOS will by default use the hostname or PPP username as an endpoint discriminator.

Even if "multilink bundle-name both" is configured on the host router, connections will still be incorrectly bundled and will fail.

try adding "ppp multilink endpoint ?" to the remote routers. It can be set to a MAC address, IP address or a unique string to enable the correct creation of bundles

believe only available in 12.2 and above

thank you tomanderin...i threw in "ppp multilink endpint hostname in the remore routers" and now el central router assign it its hostname but my problem now is when the second remote routers call in the messsage of debug q931 is

Mar 29 21:45:21: ISDN BR1/0 **ERROR**:host_disconnect_ack: Unfound B-channel on Disconnect_Ack call id 0x8397

my configuration in the interfaces serial of the central routers is:

interface Serial4:15

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no logging event link-status

dialer rotary-group 1

no snmp trap link-status

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice modem

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp multilink

ppp multilink endpoint hostname

multilink max-links 2

interface Dialer1

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

no ip split-horizon

no ip mroute-cache

dialer in-band

dialer-group 1

no peer default ip address

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap pap

thanks

If the above config is for the central router, remove "ppp multilink endpoint hostname" then add in global config "multilink bundle-name both"

this will cause the router to create the bundle using both the ppp chap hostname and a unique endpoint

on the remote routers in interface config add "ppp multilink endpoint ". e.g ppp multilink endpoint 1.1.1.1

interface BRI0

encapsulation ppp

ppp authentication chap

ppp chap hostname test-hostname

ppp multilink endpoint 1.1.1.1

ppp multilink

on the central router the bundle wil be created as

#sh ppp multi

Virtual-Access4, bundle name is test-hostname/1.1.1.1

the enpoint can be practically anything as long as it is unique to that remote router

Hope this helps

Apologies, just re-read your post, if the hostnames on the remote routers are already unique, then just change the central router config by removing "ppp multilink endpoint " from interface and adding "multilink bundle-name both" in global config

then check how the bundles are being named

hopefully

#sh ppp multi

Virtual-Access4, bundle name username/hostname

Cheers

hello tomanderin!..your solution was very good. The central router bring up virtual access interfaces for each remote router. But the problem now is that they don`t ping ,only the ip address of the first call does the ping in spite of theirs routes are learnt. When I do "show users" can see that the peer address is the same for all the virtual access interfaces. May it be why I forget to throw in the remote routers the command "ppp ipcp username unique"?

thanks for your help.Very good

Hoped it helped. Good luck

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

On your PPP ter;mination interface you can throw in the following command.

ppp username unique

Daniel