Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

differences between 3524-XL-A vs 3524-XL-EN

Can some one please advise me of any differences between these models other than the software or is it just memory shipped with? Can an "A" be upgraded to an "EN" just by uploading image?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: differences between 3524-XL-A vs 3524-XL-EN

Per the 3500xl documentation you can. Here is the link and text reference:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35sa6/eescg/mascovr.htm

"You can upgrade any switch to the Enterprise Edition Software by purchasing an upgrade kit and using a TFTP server to copy the new image files to your switch. See your Cisco representative or reseller for details on purchasing an upgrade kit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Although all switches can run the Enterprise Edition Software, some legacy switches cannot be upgraded to run Release 11.2(8)SA6 standard edition software. Table 1 lists all of the switch models and the software versions they can run. "

Re: differences between 3524-XL-A vs 3524-XL-EN

Thanks for reply I shall give it a try. I have a "A" version and would like to go an Enterprise version.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content