Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Different things in the Astro timeout error.

I get some Astro timeout errors frequently on a 4006 switch running CatOS 6.3(2). The message like this:

%SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(2/5) - timedout occured

I swapped the WS-4234-L3 module from slot 2 to slot 5 and still got the error for it

%SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(5/5) - timedout occured

After that, I swapped a ws-4148 module from slot4 to slot2. What weird is that I didn't see any error in the following 1 hour!

So I restored the original hardware configuration. I checked it 12 hours and found 2 same errors in the log file. I think this should be a hareware issue with the ws-4234-L3 module, becuase the error always along with this module and this switch is offline rihgt now, so I there is no any SPT loop.

In the previous posts, almost everyone said the message should be caused by a bad Supervise engine. But in this case, I think it looks like the ws-4234 module.

Dose any see the similar problems before?

What problem to the network will be caused by this kind of error on a switch?

2 REPLIES

Re: Different things in the Astro timeout error.

The error could be due to a bad module or bad supervisor engine. I would recommend,opening a case with Cisco TAC and getting the module RMAed.

Purple

Re: Different things in the Astro timeout error.

In almost all cases that I have seen it has been the Supervisor , we have replaced dozens of these for the same problem in the 4X00 series . A bunch of these were built with faulty asics and have to be replaced after awhile . I saw a cisco bulletin relating this fact .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content