Views
Helpful
Replies

Different values of two "Receiving SNR"

sakaguchi
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

I am runnig uBR7246VXR and SB4200 Motolora CMs in cable network. I have often seen different values in two parameters, "Receiving SNR"(which can be get CMTS command "show cable modem [mac-address] detail" ) and SNMP OID to CM .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.1.4.1.5.3 docsIfSigQSignalNoise.3 . I thought they should be same vales. However, I often see 5-10dB difference.

Can anyone let me know the reason.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

"docsIfSigQSignalNoise" is the Signal/Noise ratio as perceived for this channel. At the CM, describes the Signal/Noise of the downstream channel. At the CMTS, describes the average Signal/Noise of the upstream channel. "docsIfSigQSignalNoise" is only meaningful for cable modems. Returns zero for CMTS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

"docsIfSigQSignalNoise" is the Signal/Noise ratio as perceived for this channel. At the CM, describes the Signal/Noise of the downstream channel. At the CMTS, describes the average Signal/Noise of the upstream channel. "docsIfSigQSignalNoise" is only meaningful for cable modems. Returns zero for CMTS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: