Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital modem

htmltobing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3745 with IP Plus 12.2 and I'm using NM-8 S/T and NM-18 DM. I want my POTS client will be able to call to my ISDN line connected to NM-8 S/T.

Please help me.

7 Replies 7

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, this should work fine. Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/bri_3640.html

Thanks, Mak.

thank for your advice Mak

I have tried that configuration, but I have problem with modem country mica , what country do I choose, as information I'm in Indonesia and the isdn switch-type basic-5ess or basic-net3.

thanks

The ISDN switch type info needs to come from the provider, we need to configure accordingly.

For modem country mica I would go by e1-default or even Singapore or Malaysia. BTW what is the problem that you are seeing here?

Can you capture the following debugs: deb isdn q931 / deb modem / deb modem csm / deb ppp nego.

Thanks, Mak.

Hai Mak,

In my router there is no debug modem csm.

The following command appear when I using debug isdn q931.

*Mar 5 06:25:12.098: ISDN BR2/0 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x67

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x81

Progress Ind i = 0x8A83 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x21, 0x83, '0216342305'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '02126530029'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

*Mar 5 06:25:12.098: ISDN BR2/0 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0xE7

Cause i = 0x80D804 - Incompatible destination

and there is no respond (no message) when Using debug modem

What's wrong with my configuration Mak.

Thank you Mak.

When you say there are no debug modem csm command on the 3745, does that mean you do not see any outputs of the same or the router does not take the command.

The former is due to the call failing on isdn layer itself so we do not see any modem outputs.

The later could be that the digital modems are not being recognized on the chassis, I could execute the command on my lab c3745.

Refering to cause code in: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/isdn_disc_code.html

Incompatible destination:

It could also be generated when a data call is made to voice number, or a voice call is made to a number that only supports data. If the dialed number is correct, the telco may have configured their switch incorrectly.

Thanks, Mak.

Thanks Mak,

Now my router working properly, I'm using basic-net3 for isdn switch-type and UK for mica.

When first time I configure 3745 I configure ISDN SWITCH-TYPE basic-5ess on global configuration, but when I changed that type to basic-net3, the switch type on all BRI Interface still basic-5ess, I still wondering why I should change that type on the interface ( global configuration not working properly).

Thank a lot Mak for your help

The isdn switch type on the router needs to be configured so that it matches the switch type the telco has provisioned at their end.

ISDN switch type that is configured on the interface will over ride that configured globally.

Thanks, Mak.