Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dividing users groups to two routers

Dear All,

I Have one 128 Kbps leased line connected to Internet and one ADSL, also connected to Internet. Each line is connected to a router and both routers is connected to a firewall. Behind the firewall there is two type of users one is the school staff and one is for the students. My question is what is the best way to specify that the school staff will always use the leased line and the students will always use the ADSL, and is there anyway to combine those lines together to get maximum bandwidth without using BGP ?

Thanks and Best Regards

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Dividing users groups to two routers

Someone else may have a comment, but you may want to post this to the security group with more info on what the firewall is. The firewall, since it has the connection to the two different routers, will control where the packets are sent. Ordinarily this could be controlled via static routes (as long as the staff and students are in separate subnets) or policy based routing. But I'm not certain what can be done on your firewall.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content