Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW and QoS

Hello community,

my company is running DLSW+ and we want to mark this traffic to precedence 3. I read in the following link http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=357102&seqNum=3 that by default DLSW traffic is marked with precedence 5 and in order to change the marking you should disable dlsw tos.

I marked it on 2 different routers once disabling dlsw tos and once leaving it as it was. I was able to mark it to precedence 3 in both situations.

Is there another reason I should disable dlsw tos or since it works fine with default configuration, just leave it at that?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

2 Replies 2

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

No reason from a dlsw point of view to disable or change the TOS settings. The only issues we have seen have a been a couple oif migrations to mpls networks where the default tos markings were causing the packets to be dropped and we had to set to 0.

Matthew

Hello Matt,

thank you for your answer. Since we are migrating from Frame-relay to MPLS I am going to leave the TOS value as it is, change the precedence and if the marking fails, then disable dlsw TOS.

Katerina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: