Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DLSW backup-peer

I have seen a strange thing concerning my DLSW sessions.

This morning a problem occured, and some of my agencies have connected to the backup peer, but when the primary came up 6/10 seconds after, the backup hasn't been cut off....

sh dlsw peers

TCP B.B.B.B CONNECT 4598 4920 conf 0 1 0 01:58:51 (bckp)

TCP A.A.A.A CONNECT 571 1288 conf 0 1 0 01:58:44 (primary)

For another part of my agencies, the "normal" behaviour occured. All are configured the same way.

I haven't configured this routers, but I'm thinking that it's perhaps the use of "keepalive 0" on the remote-peer command.

The backup-peer is not on ISDN (it's WAN via serial)

Has anyone an idea ?

thanks

Here is my configuration :

dlsw local-peer peer-id X.X.X.X promiscuous

dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp A.A.A.A keepalive 0 timeout 150

dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp B.B.B.B backup-peer A.A.A.A

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: DLSW backup-peer

I have found the solution.

I have downloaded the DLSW+ design guide in March and it was wrong, let's read :

""""In the event of a failure in Router A, all SNA sessions are terminated and will reestablish through Router B. When Router

A becomes available again, all new sessions are established through Router A, but sessions active on Router B will remain

on Router B until the linger timer expires. No new circuits will be brought up on Router B during the linger period. Setting

the linger keyword to 0 will cause sessions on Router B to remain active until they terminate on their own. Omitting the

linger keyword will cause all sessions to drop immediately from Router B as soon as Router A recovers.""""

A new version has been put between March and September. I think, i could be good to write at the beginning, the errors that a new version is patching.....

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.