Views
Helpful
Replies

Documentation guide for CCIE exam

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

I've decided to go through CCIE certification, but I would like to know the following:-

1- Should I have to be CCNP/CCIP/CCDP or CCSP certified.

2- Could u show me helpfull links that could help.

3- What is the latest version (books) numbers & names off CCIE (Routing & Switching) written/Lab exams?

4- Is there any special techniques to pass the exams? Is it difficult to pass both exams? and what is much difficult: the written exam or Lab exam?

One more thing, If I pass the written exam,then I will be having CCIE number and certified without going through the lab test?

Appreciate ur help & Feedback,

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

1. There are no pre-requisites at all (except for a lot of study !)

2. I would start with http://www.cisco.com/go/ccie

3. A recommended reading list is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/rs/book_list.html

4. Plenty of study/practice. Neither exam is easy to pass. It's not easy to compare the two exams since they address different things and it depends on your skill set as to which you find more difficult.

Passing the written exam does not give you any recognition at all, except the ability to sit for the lab exam. You get no CCIE number at all and you cannot call yourself a CCIE of any sort after having passed just the written exam.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

u are always there when I woundered a bout any thing.

Are u CCIE certified? could u tell me for how long u have been in Networking field? and what have u done to reach this point 2 day?

As I am trying to figure out, If i feel & have the courage to read and sit for the exam, however not having that very much experience (live work experience) as I have been through Networking live experience for less than 2 years, but when I discuss issues related to Networking with CCNP, CCIP guys , I noticed some times I can compete them.

could u tell me ur openion?

thanks in advance,

Happy to help, mate...

No, I am not CCIE certified but I do know a little bit about networking. I am actually studying for the CCIE R&S exam which I hope to sit by the end of this year.

I would suggest that you try and do an intermediate-level cert like CCNP/CCIP on the way to the CCIE exam. That would serve 2 purposes: firstly, it would cover a lot of material that you also need to study for the CCIE exam and secondly, you achieve a certification in the meantime.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

with regard to ur suggestion above, I have successfully passed switching and routing exams included on CCNP Course, but i didn't complete the rest 2 courses. I am thinking since CCIE certification study includes all the courses needed, then why shouldn't I dedicate my self on CCIE certification. So simply this is my point.

I wish u all the good fortune and the best of the best in ur career future.

Thanks in advance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: