Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Does CD1 R5 RME cashes old SNMP strings. This is what I found.

I found a problem with CD1 R5 RME and the credentials database. The credentials database will cashes old SNMP RW strings. I was working on a problem for my class and trying to resolve an issue between the credentials database and the student device. The credentials would show the RW string as invalid. I checked the device and found:

snmp-server community pod2 RW

I then used the Change Device Attribute tool to correct the problem, but still came up with the same error. RW string as invalid

I exported the database and found:

p2-2600,Public,Pod2,JAD04480HYB (1794808084),Pod2,,,,cisco,,san-fran,,,,,,,,

I then used the Change Device Attribute tool to change the RW string to mike and did the same on the cisco router.

I checked device attributes again and the RW string was ok.

I went on the device and changed the RW back to pod2 and did the same in RME. When I rechecked the device attributes the RW string was invalid again. So I exported the database again and found

p2-2600,Public,Pod2,JAD04480HYB (1794808084),Pod2,,,,cisco,,san-fran,,,,,,,,

I went back to the device and changed the RW string to Pod2, Checked device attributes again and the RW string was ok.

So it appears that the credential database is cashes old strings and will reuse them instead of accepting the new input.

All patches are applied.

Mike Land

CCSI

Ascolta Training Company

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Does CD1 R5 RME cashes old SNMP strings. This is what I foun

You may want to work with TAC for this issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content