cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does PA-FE-TX 100BaseTX-nISL support any trunking?

I have searched CCO for this info without success. From the name I assume that it does not support ISL and therefore probably does not support dot1q either. Has anybody infos about the HW releases of the PA-FE-TX modules and their capabilities? They don't seem to exist on CCO anymore.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

This module supports ISL trunking so you cna go ahead and set it up for ISL trunking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a0080091c92.html

regards,

-amit singh

Thanks Amit,

In the doc you are posting there's no reference to the nISL keyword so I'm still a bit unsure. I think to remember that the very first PA-FE-TX have not been able to perform any trunking but that's what I want to assure.

Todays adapters for sure can do both types of trunking, thats true.

Regards,

Mat

" I think to remember that the very first PA-FE-TX have not been able to perform any trunking but that's what I want to assure "............

Mat, If you see the DOC that i have posted, its written there even the first module supports the ISL trunking for ethernet vlans.

I think the module number that you have listed is not the correct one as I dont see any hits for that on cco. I do see some hits for PA-2FEISL-TX which supports ISL.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

You are right that the document says so but again as it is always the case with Cisco documents there is no date on it. So I cannot exactly tell at what stage in the rollout of the PAs the doc has been written. The only thing that say anything about the age is the appearance of the PA-2FE-TX on the same doc and that adapter came out about 5 to 6 years after the initial release of the PA-FE-TX.

The term 100BaseTX-nISL is a part of a show diag output that is made with a very early adapter. If you google you'll find some pages on CCO, Ciscos search does not seem as powerful.

The PA-2FEISL-TX is a different thing. I know that one with all its hardware issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: