Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Does This Exist - SNMP object for OutOctets CM from CMTS

Need help finding OutOctets for a cable modem from the CMTS perspective.

I am able to read the number of octets that have currently been sent upstream from the cable modem to (through) the CMTS. This can be found from the CMTS’s docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets SNMP OID. Note that this value is called “in octets”, but the “in” directional attribute is from the perspective of the CMTS, so this value really corresponds to upstream, or “out” data from the perspective of the cable modem.

InOctects is shown below:

transmission(10).docsIfMib(127).docsIfMibObjects(1).docsIfCmtsObjects(3).docsIfCmtsServiceTable(4).docsIfCmtsServiceEntry(1).docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets(6)

OutOctets does not exist on this tree.

What I need to get and cannot find in any documentation is the "OutOctets" to the cable modem through "from" the CMTS. I know that I can poll the cable modem, for OutOctets but I want to be able to poll just the CMTS for this information.

Does this SNMP query exist? If so can you help, and provide information around this?

I would like to be able to do this through SNMP, and not use telnet to run the show command, and also do not want to poll the cable modems for this info.

thanks,

pat

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Does This Exist - SNMP object for OutOctets CM from CMTS

I think you are looking for the object, " cdxIfCmtsServiceOutOctets". To know more about it, please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Mibbrowser/unity.pl?f=Translate&t=no&o=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.116.1.1.3.1.1

Views
Helpful
Replies