Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

dot1q and isl trunk between 2 2924-XL not sending all vlans

I just got a couple of replacement 2924's and when I put them into the stack to replace the bad ones and configued them, everything worked except the new ones weren't receiving vtp updates. I have checked and triple checked the vtp settings and everyhting is exactly the same as it was and is on the other switches in the cluster. When in the CMS if I look at the vlan setting on the trunking ports, it shows that they are set to dot1q (I also tried it with ISL) but in the available vlans it only shows 1, however on the switch that they are being fed from it shows all of the vlans are available. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2 REPLIES

Re: dot1q and isl trunk between 2 2924-XL not sending all vlans

Check to be sure the new switches are vtp clients, and that they are in the correct vtp domain and with the correct password. HTH

Re: dot1q and isl trunk between 2 2924-XL not sending all vlans

Take care: Vtp domain name is case sensitive (also make sure you've no space at the end of the name).

Check password as well asversion of vtp (it should be same in all ctp domain: 1 or 2) V2 is required only if you've Token Ring Networks and do bridging with them.

Of course your trunk ports should be ISL or dot1q on both side.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content