Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

downside to 2 port 10Gig-Etherchannel?

I want to bundle the 2 10Gig ports of a 4948 into one channel. Ive heard there is packet loss when one port leaves the channel, but this doesnt occur if there are more than 2 ports in the channel. Can anyone confirm that? I dont have the gear yet, so I havent been able to test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: downside to 2 port 10Gig-Etherchannel?

If a channel member link is lost at the moment it is trasmitting a packet, or while a packet is enqueued to trasmit on the failed link, that packet is lost ... regardless of the quantity of interfaces in the channel. However the switch will recover the channel from the lost link almost instantaneously and subsequent traffic will be forwarded down the unaffected links.

HTH. Please rate all helpfull posts.

Thanks,

Brad

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: downside to 2 port 10Gig-Etherchannel?

If a channel member link is lost at the moment it is trasmitting a packet, or while a packet is enqueued to trasmit on the failed link, that packet is lost ... regardless of the quantity of interfaces in the channel. However the switch will recover the channel from the lost link almost instantaneously and subsequent traffic will be forwarded down the unaffected links.

HTH. Please rate all helpfull posts.

Thanks,

Brad

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content