Views
Helpful
Replies

dram on the MSFC

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Kindely;i have 6509S(hybrid) with 2 supervisor1 & msfc1.amount of ram its 64.i need to convert to this native ios:c6sup11-jsv-mz.121-19.E1a.that memory enough to run this image or i need to upgrade it to 2 64?i have install a pc card(64m) on the sup.or if i need to upgrade the dram should i update also the MSFC TO MSFC 2

REGARDS

Ali

8 Replies 8

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Sorry to the mistake ,1 sup & 1 msfc.

10xs

Ali

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

I checked with feature navigator and it recommends to have 64 MB of DRAM and minimum 20 MB of flash.

You have 64 MB DRAM on sup so you are good go and as you updated you already have 64MB flash card on sup it will be enough to hold your IOS image.

You can look at the feature navigtor in future for any kind of image, platform and DRAM/FLASH requirements.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Hi Ankur 10xs for ur help!

regards

Ali

HI Ankur!

have a look to this ios:

c6sup11-dsv-mz.121-20.E2.

this is .E2 not .E1.its great for my situation.

6509 sup1-2GE

64 dram

64 pc card

10xs for ur reply

Ali

Hi Ali,

The .E2 means that this is the next release in the same series with some hardware/software feature support or bug fixes. You are good to go with it.

regards,

-amit singh

Hi

10xs for ur reply!

Ali

Hi Ali,

I checked in feature navigator for image "c6sup11-dsv-mz.12.1-20.E3.bin" and it also recommends for 64 MB DRAM and 20 MB of flash.

So you can go ahead with your image and I am sure it will fit into DRAM and FLASH card which you have in your box.

HTH

Ankur

Hi Ankur

10xs for ur reply

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: