cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Drops of ATM cells on the ATM ISP side, even if we “shaping”.

psinisalo
Level 1
Level 1

We have one 7200 with c7200-is-mz.120-20.bin and ATM WAN OC3 (SMI) port adapter, 1 port.

The problems is that even if I can see that our “shaping” drops packets OutPktDrops: 197.

Our ISP tells us we are sending traffic above PCR and therefore drops ATM cells.

They are using Nortell passport equipment and they have told me is a known IOS “bug”.

I only found older “bug” for IOS 11.0.

Have you any proposal ?

/regards Per Sinisalo

interface ATM2/0

mtu 1500

no ip address

no ip directed-broadcast

logging event subif-link-status

atm sonet stm-1

no atm ilmi-keepalive

!

interface ATM2/0.1 multipoint

bandwidth 2752

ip address 172.28.250.5 255.255.255.0

no ip directed-broadcast

ip split-horizon

pvc r-6102 0/249

class-vc CIR128

!

vc-class atm CIR128

inarp 1

broadcast

vbr-nrt 280 280 1

oam-pvc manage

oam retry 3 5 1

encapsulation aal5snap

3 Replies 3

cventicinque
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like a possible CDVT issue? Also, make sure you are talking the same numbers with your ATM provider (ie what is 1K? 1000 or 1024?)

If it is this kind of problem, is there something I can chance in my configuration to solve it ?

First find out what is the exact PCR and SCR from your telco in kbps (not cells/sec). Currently you have configured both the PCR and SCR to 280kbps. If you are exceeding the telco restricted bandwith then change your vbr-nrt statement in the configuration to reflect the true numbers for PCR and SCR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: