Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DS3 on 3662

I have a 3662 in service as a core router with one 4 port serial card installed. I'm trying to add a DS3 to the router, nm-1a-t3. My first access to the Cisco web site indicated that the nm-1a-t3 is supported by the 3600 series. When the card didn't work I revisited the site and found that the IP Plus feature set is required. I upgraded to IP Plus and the router still doesn't recognize the card. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: DS3 on 3662

The Feature set should not determine which hardware the router software supports. The feature set only determines what all features are available in the software. Check to see if the IOS you have downloaded is the following. Only the following does support your hardware.

12.1(2)T, 12.1(5)YB, 12.1(5)YD, 12.2(1) and 12.2(8)T.

You might want to try 12.2(8)T. Thats kind of new.

I'm running 12.1(17). Any thoughts on how I determine which release is best for our configuration?

Thanks

Hi, 12.1(17) is not listed as supporting this hardware. Of the list of softwares I gave in the last posting, 12.2(8)T would be the best.

Thanks for your help. I was finally able to find "Software Advisor", and found the releases you're referring to.

Views
Helpful
Replies