Views
Helpful
Replies

DSL + NAT load balancing with Dialers

snursten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else out there has tried to do equal cost multipath with multiple DSL connections using NAT. I am in a situation whereby no matter what I try, I get per-packet load sharing instead of per-destination. Enabling CEF / Dialer CEF does nothing too and it is getting very frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

What type of a router?

Russ.W

cisco 2611XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x100) with 98304K/32768K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID JAD07070SSF (2946741483)

M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

2 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

4 ATM network interface(s)

32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

49152K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Sorry - also running 12.3.2T (tired 12.3.1 and 12.3.1a to no avail.). Incidentally, tested Dialer CEF on ISDN and that works fine, so I think it has to do with the fact that Dialer CEF on ATM actually goes through another virtual layer (virtual-access) and does not see the underlying physical ATM interface...as opposed to ISDN where CEF sees Dialer->BRI.

A 2611 should be able to run per destination load sharing.... What's in the config? Is show cef or show ip cef showing per packet load sharing? Or what other indicator are you using to determine the router is running per packet load sharing?

Russ.W

Never mind Russ, been confirmed as IOS bug. There is an issue where CEF doesn't see the ATM interface as the underlying physical hardware. Something to do with aal5 encapsulation...! Cisco working on it. Thanks for the help. Probably should have explained that I already have CEF working on Serials, ISDN diallers and Fast Ethernet interfaces.

Thanks again anyways.

Is there any fix for this yet as I want to do the same?

Thanks, Jason

Not as yet. They are still trying to determine where the bug lies!?!

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: