Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

dsl routing (vrf)

Hi all, we have a 34 meg dsl router at my head office where all the dsl connections come in, we have a radius server where we set up accounts and routes etc, can anyone tell me how this setup works, I was told it uses vrf ?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: dsl routing (vrf)

I believe the provider is providing MPLS service to you. At your side, the DSL router will act as a CE router which will not require to enable the VRF normally. Your traffic and route will fall into the assigned VRF from your provider.

I suggest you can consult w/ the MPLS provider for more info. of their service detail and requirment.

Hope this helps.

yes I believe they are using mpls? can anyone explain how this works in simple terms ? and also how the routes get injected into the dsl via the radius ?

cheers

Carl

When you're connected to your router, do you actually see users are connected to this router? or is this the router connecting you to provider and all other sites are connected to the provide?

In first case, there's nothing for you to think about VRF - just configure your access server.

In second case you will need cooperation with your service provider to setup routing between the sites. From your prospective it will look like all sites are interconnected via single router of the provider.

If you provide some more details on the topology and connections, I could explain how it works.

hi there

basically, we have a 34mbs cisco 7600 router here, that connects outbound to our isp who tag our lines, we set up the accounts for all the routers on our radius server, along with an ip route for each policy, when the router connects it authenticates and then we can see it, I just want to know how all this is done.

cheers

Carl

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content