cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dsl transport

bbelz
Level 1
Level 1

trying get dsl transport service working from verizon, one end of the circuit is dsl the other frame-relay. The dsl is mapped directly from the dslam, to our frame-relay hub site. I see the pvc for the frame side showing up in my frame router (4700) dlci 100 its active. Dsl side is up from my routers ethernet interface. dsl side is 172.16.226.45/24 frame side is 172.16.226.1, I have a statice frame-relay map statement on the frame side to 172.16.226.45. Telco claims all mapping is correct, I cant ping in either direction. If I attach a pc to the dsl side I cant ping either with the 172.16.226.45 address configured on the pc. any ideas.

2 Replies 2

ckossmey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the frame relay PVC is configured for IETF:

MS-3810-4F(config-subif)#frame-relay interface-dlci 101 ietf

or

MS-3810-4F(config-subif)#frame-relay map ip 1.2.3.4 155 ietf

What kind of device do you have on the DSL side? A modem? A router?

thanks for the reply, what needed to be done was to bring up IRB on both sides of the link. Via BVI interface. Unfortunately my 4700 router will not support this. THanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: