Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dst port down on 2950 when montoring

Greetings everyone,

We are trying to monitor traffic at one of our sties on a 2950 and have run into a problem where the dst port goes line protocol down. There is only one switch and int fa0/24 connects to our 3640 router. Int fa0/23 is where the server that collects the data resides. Our configuration looks like this:

monitor session 1 source interface fa0/24

monitor session 1 destination interface fa0/23

When we enter the destination command, fa0/23 goes line protocol down (monitoring). Both ports are set to spanning-tree portfast, but I have also tried them without.

The server that collects the data performs other duties and needs to be accessible. We do the same thing at many of our other sites with no problems, the difference is that those sites have 3524XL switches.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: dst port down on 2950 when montoring

Does the monitoring session actually work. In newer releases of software, I believe the destination port goes down to signify that it is not actually port of VLAN rather a monitor port.

Re: dst port down on 2950 when montoring

Yes, I am glad you mentioned that, the monitoring session does work. I guess if that is now the normal operation in newer software releases, maybe I should ask if anyone knows of a way around it?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content