cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate DLCI Problem?

msheehan
Level 1
Level 1

So far from everything I've read, you should be able to assign the same DLCI on two seperate serial interfaces from two seperate providers. I did this yesterday and when I bought up my second provider that had the same DLCI I had problems. My first provider that had the same DLCI 100 having performance issues and for some reason we were transmitting extremely slow to them but were receiving just fine. As soon as I shutdown the new circuit with the duplicate DLCI, everything starting working again. Is this possible? Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Maryann

msheehan@sct.com

4 Replies 4

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is probably not with the duplicate DLCI. You are correct in that you can have duplicate DLCI numbers on different physical interfaces. I've done it MANY times with zero issues.

Do you have internal or external CSU/DSUs? If they're internal, you may have a clocking issue when you bring your 2nd interface online.

Are you getting any errors on either interface when both are up?

Mick.

I have external CSU's on both sides of the circuit that was having the problem. The circuits that seemed to have the problems were my original circuits that I didn't touch. Would clocking problems on the new circuit cause problems on existing circuits?

I did have input errors on the remote side.

54523 input errors, 54522 CRC, 0 output errors. Unfortunately, I don't have both interfaces up right now so I can't see if it's incrementing when they are both up.

You would need to do some testing like bringing up the new circuit, checking all interfaces, bringing down the old circuit, checking... etc...

Clocking issues should show up as "slip seconds" if timing from one interface causes another interface to slip. sh controller should tell you if you're getting them.

Mick.

Thanks Mick.

I've noticed that I have alot of input errors, crc errors and aborts on my new interface. Would the wrong encapsulation cause any of these problems? Also, this is HSSI interface with an external CSU. The clock source on that is set to SCTE, normal RD Clock and Inversed TD Clock. Do you know if there are any specific HSSI interface commands that I would have to set for this?

Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: