Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate IP address detected in WCS

Jogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to Cisco Support Community,

I would like to verify some questions regarding our network setup for wireless devices.

We have here in our client a 5508 WLC version 6.0.196.0 and WCS version 7.0.164.0 using windows platform.

My concern is that there is always a duplicate IP address detected by the WCS and when we trace the machine given its MAC address, we found out that the machine is a printer with a static IP of different IP address not the same to the management IP address of the WLC.

I have already disabled the port where the machine detected is terminated and still experiencing the same issue.

Is this a software bug or some sort of network issue? Please advice.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Joghson

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the 5508 connected using two or more links?  If yes, is it confired as LAG in the 5508-side and etherchannel on the switch side?

No, it is only connected to one uplink to the 6500 catalyst core switch.

Jogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have raised the issue with TAC and they told me that this is a software issue, we are currently making packet sniffs which is needed by the software developer. I will give you updates on this.

Thanks!

Thank you for the update.  Please let us know the findings. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: