Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

c.b

Duplicate IP problems

I have a cisco 806 router. Im trying to set up a streaming server. I have added the following line to the NAT table "ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.1.202 80 203.174.143.24 80" the 172 number being the internal IP address of the local machine and the 203... number being the external..

when I try to connect to the external address from inside the local loop a duplicate IP error is raised. However if I try to connect to the same IP from outside the local loop it works fine. Any ideas??

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Duplicate IP problems

The nat static entry you have is for the translation from "outside to inside" not from "inside to outside". It will forward all the tcp port 80 request on ip 203.174.143.24 to inside web server 172.16.1.202. So thats the reason it works for you when you tried it from outside.. But to try from inside, you need to try to inside ip address which is 172.16.1.202 on port 80...Thx..Tejal

Views
Helpful
Replies