Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dynamic IP Address

Hi,

I have a 806 router (ADSL),and my WAN IP address is assign dynamically.

I have install VPN configuration, and a lot of notebook using Cisco VPN Client.

When the WAN IP address change, i must check the new ip address (telnet Router / and show interface dialer1), then i send an email with the new IP address.

Does Anyone know if it is possible to automatically send an email when the ip address change (perhaps a script or utility). I know a lot of utility can detect the change on Ip address for a PC directly connected to Internet, but not for router

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY

Re: Dynamic IP Address

I have a similar scenario. I use a utility called DirectUpdate found at http://www.directupdate.net the way I have it setup is :

LAN-Ciscorouter-CPFirewall-DSLlinkSysRouter, my WAN ip changes constantly, the way this utility works on an NT machine is that it will check the status of my LInkSys WAN ip and will notify me via SMTP/POP of IP changes as well as updates my public DNS name. This particular utility may not work for your 806 router but perhaps if you visit their site you may find some answers for your 802 router.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content