Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dynamic Routing Updates ???

Hi anyone, I have the following scenerio;

I have one Cisco 1720 router at the remote office connected to the HQ office router 2620 by a 64K bps leased line. It has also an ISDN backup link.From remote office , for sure there are some telco routers involved before they reach to the HQ office router. So if I were to use the Dynamic Routing Protocols such as RIP or IGRP, should I added in new network route to the 1720, will it update the rest of the routers including the HQ router 2620 ?

If the ISDN route at the 1720 is static route, so is it true that I only need to update the new routes to the HQ router while the backup ISDN link is up ?

Please help out.

1 REPLY

Re: Dynamic Routing Updates ???

Hi,

If this is a leased line between the HQ and remote office, the TELCO will mostly may not be doing any IP routing there.. Hence Ur line should be a end to end 64K. How many routers are there apart from these two routers.. If it is not much.. U could really go for static route pointing to HQ and another pointing to HQ via ISDN (Floating static route) with higher metric. U could alternatively go for EIGRP routing.. which is Hybrid protocol which could scale well..

Regards,

KCS Balaji

Views
Helpful
Replies