Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dynamic VLAN

Can a Catalyst 3548 create multiple vlan on a single port with 802.1q trunk ? if yes how can i do that, if no what switch can do that function ? thanks for any answer

3 REPLIES

Re: Dynamic VLAN

I currently trunk using 802.1q between 3548's and 4006. All vlans are trunking through that port on the 3548. Then I configure specific ports on the switches for specific vlan's. But remeber this is only a 10/100BaseTX pipe. If you have the possibility of purchasing and installing GBIC's between the 3548's. I would recommend maybe considering this option especially if the devices are far apart in the same building.

DTA

thanks for the answer , What I mean is that I will trunk port 1 with 802.1q to a 3com layer 3 switch and port 2 to be able to configure to a multiple vlans port eg vlan1, vlan2, vlan3 and vlan4. The reason is that i need to connect different notebook to that port (meeting rm). thanks again for any answer

hello stevenneo,

i try also to configure a cat 4006 to connect to the access switch 3548, my prob is : i cann´t ping the switch from the layer 3 modul. cann you send my please some working configuration ?

i have a cat 4006 with sup2 and one layer 3 modul

thanks

mailto: alain-florent.essome@systematics.de

Alain

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content