cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VLAN

stevenneo
Level 1
Level 1

Can a Catalyst 3548 create multiple vlan on a single port with 802.1q trunk ? if yes how can i do that, if no what switch can do that function ? thanks for any answer

3 Replies 3

DELL ACORD
Level 1
Level 1

I currently trunk using 802.1q between 3548's and 4006. All vlans are trunking through that port on the 3548. Then I configure specific ports on the switches for specific vlan's. But remeber this is only a 10/100BaseTX pipe. If you have the possibility of purchasing and installing GBIC's between the 3548's. I would recommend maybe considering this option especially if the devices are far apart in the same building.

DTA

thanks for the answer , What I mean is that I will trunk port 1 with 802.1q to a 3com layer 3 switch and port 2 to be able to configure to a multiple vlans port eg vlan1, vlan2, vlan3 and vlan4. The reason is that i need to connect different notebook to that port (meeting rm). thanks again for any answer

hello stevenneo,

i try also to configure a cat 4006 to connect to the access switch 3548, my prob is : i cann´t ping the switch from the layer 3 modul. cann you send my please some working configuration ?

i have a cat 4006 with sup2 and one layer 3 modul

thanks

mailto: alain-florent.essome@systematics.de

Alain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco