Views
Helpful
Replies

E0 on 837's

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys.

I hope someone can help me with this. i have several 837s and some 877s connected via dmvpn to an 1841. all is well with Fwall tunnels etc...

However for some reason unknown to me, every now and again the 837 (only) e0 interface start causing problems. When pinging from a host on the network or from the router to a host i lose about 50% of packets and the rest have high latency. I have replaced switches, disconnect all hosts from the lan, and reset the router.. oddly the only thing that stops this from happening is do a 'shut' and then a 'no shut' on e0. immediatly icmp packets fly through no problem.

I have noticed previously that there would be inout errors on the interface when this occurs.

I am at a loss and am not sure how to trouble shoot from here.

Any advice would be helpful... i will go to TAC soon if i cannot resolve this.

Regards

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you seeing errors on the ADSL port or on the managed switch ports ?

is it possible for you to post the config here ?

also can you try hardcoding the speed/duplex settings on the managed switch ports ??

regds

Thanks for reply,

I'm not seeing any errors on the ADSL Interface just E0. I cannot change any of the switch ports speed/duplex settings either.

my complete config for the router is attached

This is it. This is roughly the same for 2 other sites that have the same intermitent problem on the same DMVPN. I would like to blame a virus or some such but it does not happen at head offise where there is an 1841 or on two sites where there is a 871 and 877. hmmmm... odd

Thanks

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

hi

Since you have enabled netflow on the ethernet interface have you tried finding out for the traffic pattern being processed by your router ?

you can view the same using show ip cache flow which will give you the traffic pattern details with both source,desitnation ip address as well as port numbers which can provide vital info in differentiating the traffic pattern..

regds