cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Interface

KEVIN STEWART
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a router for a london office with a WIC-T1 interface, and I can't remember which cable I need to order...aren't the CSU/DSU's generally X.21 there? And do I need the male or female version of the cable...I am blanking on this..

4 Replies 4

steve_burton
Level 1
Level 1

When you ordered your E1 you must have requested a certain presentation. I believe the two common are G703 and X.21.

Depending on the Interface card you ordered you may or may not need a dataset at all.

I realize this may not be a lot of help I guess I am saying ther is not enough information to give a good answer.

Steve's quite right.

Order G.703 or X21.

bear in mind though that the G.703 can be presentedas either RJ-45 (120Ohms balanced) or Coax (75Ohms unbalanced)

Ali

r-godden
Level 1
Level 1

cab x21mt which is x21 male presentation used for 64k

links and also for 2mg circuits if requested.

nbeaumon
Level 1
Level 1

IN the UK the CSU/DSU's are called Kilostream NTU's if you are using a 64k Link then it will be x.21, if you are using Nx64 or a G703 converter then it would again be presented as X.21, (this converts between the G703 BNC and presents as X.21 to the WIC). The NTU normally has a Female presentation so the Cable would have to be Male.