Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

sra

E1 PRI Channels

Hello,

I have an E1 controller configured for dialout on a 2610XM router. The D Channel is part of a rotary group and there is a dialer configured that takes care of the connections. There are no problems so far. But I now want to reserve 4 B channels for dialin (I want to put them all in dialer pool). I want the rest of 26 channels still be part of the rotary group, as we still have dialout connections. All are ISDN calls.

Could anyone help me with a sample controller config for this ? I cant seem to get it to work. Thank you.

Regards,

Stefan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: E1 PRI Channels

There is no way to reserve b channels for dialin and dialout on the router..However you can control the dialout channel orders from the router..Means you can configure the router to start grebbing the free b channels in ascending or descending order for dialout only as router have a control for that. but you can't reserve it...here is the url for more on that.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/fnsprt4/dcdchant.htm#xtocid22

For dialin, selection of free b channels done by telco switch. So you can talk to telco for that..

sra

I see. So basically I cant put 5 channels into Pool 1 and 16 channels into pool 2, for example ?

Thanks for your answer tho

Regards,

Stefan

Cisco Employee

No way to create channel pools with certain channels in each pool on the router..but as i have mentioned, you can choose the order of b channel selection for dialout.

Views
Helpful
Replies