cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy Question - How do I set speed on a WIC-1T?

monte.coulter
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the bandwidth command, but it appears ineffective. File transfer speeds are consistently about 50kbps regardless of the speed I set using the bandwidth command.

thanks,

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On the router with the DCE end of the cable, enter the interface command "clock rate x", with x being bits per second. If you don't know which end is the DCE, enter the command "show controllers serial (x/y)" and look for the line telling the type of cable that is attached.

HTH

Mark

View solution in original post

Just use the command clockrate xxxxx on the serial interface.

You must set the clockrate at the router with the DCE cable attached

The speed of the circuit will be the speed you set your clock

8 Replies 8

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

What exactly do you mean by setting the speed ?

The speed of your circuit depends on what you are buying from your service provider

Good point, I should clarify more.

I have setup a test WAN network in my office with two routers (a spare 2621 and 1721) each with a WIC-1T card installed. Connected with the appropriate V35 cables. I expected to be able to modify the speed of the connection anywhere from 64k up to 3mbit to test application response times across a "slow" connection.

Does this help?

monte.coulter
Level 1
Level 1

Good point, I should clarify more.

I have setup a test WAN network in my office with two routers (a spare 2621 and 1721) each with a WIC-1T card installed. Connected with the appropriate V35 cables. I expected to be able to modify the speed of the connection anywhere from 64k up to 3mbit to test application response times across a "slow" connection.

Does this help?

Are you connecting via back to back DTE-DCE cables ?

I beleivre the max in a T1 wic is going to be T1 not 3 Mb

Yes, I am connecting the two with CAB-V35MT (DTE) and CAB-V35FC (DCE) cables.

You are right about the speed, I was just spewing that as an example. Up to 1.5mb is fine, if I could get it to work.

On the router with the DCE end of the cable, enter the interface command "clock rate x", with x being bits per second. If you don't know which end is the DCE, enter the command "show controllers serial (x/y)" and look for the line telling the type of cable that is attached.

HTH

Mark

The speed of the circuit will be the speed you set your clock

Just use the command clockrate xxxxx on the serial interface.

You must set the clockrate at the router with the DCE cable attached