Views
Helpful
Replies

Effectiveness of Smartports / Advisor?

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

I have 3 catalyst 3560 poe switches in my organization, but am very much a newb at the overall configurations.

Using Cisco Network Assistant, there is a mode called Smartports Advisor that recommends port role settings.

I was just wondering if the use of these role settings has been beneficial or useful for other users here? Has applying these settings 'broken' anything for anyone?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

-Michael

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Smartport advisor is beneficial.But there are some restrictions.One of the restriction is If both the active command device and the standby command device fail at the same time, the cluster is not automatically recreated. Even if there is a third passive command device, it might not recreate all cluster members because it might not have all the latest cluster configuration information. You must manually recreate the cluster if both the active and standby command devices simultaneously fail.Refer the following URL for more info http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/prod_release_note09186a008044c6eb.html#wp690854.