Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

eGenius and HP Openview

Can HP Openview and eGenius reside on the same server (solaris 8)?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
7 REPLIES
Blue

Re: eGenius and HP Openview

Yes, but with one caveat which is CSCdt62297 and the details can be seen via CCO Bug Toolkit.

Do you mean nGenius RTM? Both NNM and RTM are trap receivers listning to UDP port 162. You'll need to reconfigure RTM and all your devices to send RMON traps on another port.

You are correct, I did mean nGenius and I thank you.

Blue

Make sure that you do look at the ddts that I mentioned to you earlier for this.

We are using HP Openview only as a monitoring tool, couldn't RTM and HPOV listen on the same UDP port 162?

Blue

No.

That's really the basis of TCP/IP. In order for to processes to reside on the same system and communicate with the world they need to listen to different ports in order for the OS to know to which it should send the inbound traffic.

I think it's fairly eassy to change the port in RTM and changing the port in all devices/probes for the RMON traps is part of the RMON configuration you push to them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.