cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp and stub networks

jsalminen
Level 1
Level 1

I have two spoke networks connected to a larger mesh network via one router. I would like to implement stub routing on these two spoke routers. I understand how to enable eigrp stub routing, but I am unclear on how to summarize these two spoke networks at the dist router. I don't want to use auto summary on the dist router because of the many different networks it routes for. I was thinking about manually summarizing at the spoke router Ser 0/0 interface.

Will this manual summary address get propagated into the dist router and hence all the other routers? Would I have to allow the summary option in the eigrp stub function?

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

you ar eessentially correct. feed the summarized routes upstream on the link to

the upstream router. the receiving router should install a sunnary route in its table for the aggregated addresses.

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, go ahead and manually summarize the networks at the spoke router interafces, and that would be perfect. Also, eigrp stub command by default sends connected and summary routes as updates, so adding only "eigrp stub" is fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: