Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Eigrp authentication

Regard to this URL http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/eigrpmd5.htm#xtocid161894

I am configuring Authentication on my network. When I turned on debug eigrp packets, It it that happens:

EIGRP: ignored packet from X.X.X.X opcode = 5

(invalid authentication)

And This is the configuration that i have:

key chain word

key 1

key-string 7 hello

interface FastEthernet1/0

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

ip authentication mode eigrp 1 md5

ip authentication key-chain eigrp 1 word

So, I still cannot understad the meaning of key-string and why the router sends the message "Invalid Authentication"

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Eigrp authentication

Try and remove "key-string 7 hello" and then enter a "key-string cisco" to see if it works. If not, I would remove it all, then enter it back in with the above simply password. Once it is working, then make the password more complex.

Hope it helps.

Steve

I configured as you said, thank you. The message dissappear on console, but computers that belong to this network cannot access to http or any other service...

key chain cisco

key 1

key-string hello

interface FastEthernet1/0

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

ip authentication mode eigrp 1 md5

ip authentication key-chain eigrp 1 cisco

That sounds like the expression, "the good news is the operation was a success, the bad news is the patient died"!

Can you provide more info to help troubleshoot, such as the topology, the routing, eigrp peers, how should clients access these services (their gateway).

More info the better.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies