cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

EIGRP bandwidth demands

Hello!

I have a router with E1 interface that runs EIGRP protocol. The interface also uses LLQ, therefore 25% of the link bandwidth is reserved for class-default (that includes EIGRP traffic). But this is a big overhead for me and I'd like to reduce it using 'max-reserved-bandwidth' command.

My question is: how can I estimate the real bandwidth needed by EIGRP so that new bandwidth settings do not interrupt EIGRP convergence?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY

Re: EIGRP bandwidth demands

Hi

max-reserved-bandwidth reserves the bandwidth allocation for the different kinda classes

being configured for different traffic patterns.By default its 75% of the bandwith configured under your main interface.

If you tweak the default value from 75% to different value ensure that your control traffic is not getting backlogged.

i would also suggest to check something inline with ip bandwidth-percent eigrp command to reserve the bandwidth for the routing process.

AFAIK EIGRP uses 50% of the available bandwidth during convergance which you can change using the above mentioned command.

also for more info do refer this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094cb7.shtml#pacingpackets

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content