Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP: distribute with extended ACL (on DMVPN)

I'm using DMVPN (1 mGRE Tunnel interface.)

EIGRP runs on top of DMVPN with all nodes. Is it possible to specify/configure (on the HUB) which routes to advertise to a certain node (based on the nodes IP-address)? I've tried whith the "distribute-list out" command combined with extended ACL but it doesn't work. In most documentation only standard ACL are possible and you can specify an interface name or routing source.

Any sugestions?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: EIGRP: distribute with extended ACL (on DMVPN)

Nothing that I can think of. I messed with it in the lab for a while, and I can't see any way of filtering based on the destination of the update. You can normally use an extended access list or prefix list to filter based on update source, but that doesn't work for update destination.

This only makes sense, if you think about it, since updates are sent to a multicast address--the sender doesn't really pay attention to which destinations the update is going to. And the receiver doesn't have any copy of the filter the sender has configured, so it doesn't know to do the filtering, either. I suppose you could do this with static manually configured neighbors, that's one thing I didn't actually try.

:-)

Russ.W

Re: EIGRP: distribute with extended ACL (on DMVPN)

There are only a few nodes which need extra routes. I'll configure the extra routes static at these few nodes.

P.S. I was forgotten the multicast address.

Thanks

Gerrit Vos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content